Saiosh Person of the Year
01 February 2015
Saiosh Person of the Year Award
Calling for Nominations
The purpose of Saiosh Person of the Year Award is to give recognition to a Member for outstanding work done in the field of Occupational Safety and Health. Such outstanding work may be related to the general field of Occupational Safety and Health or may be for specific work done in relation to the Institute.
- Only Members that are in good standing will be eligible for the award
- Only Members that are in good standing may nominate a person for the award
- Members may be nominated by another Member of the Institute or by the individual himself/herself
- Nominations must be done online on the prescribed nomination form
- A Member may not receive the award more than once
- The submissions will be reviewed by a panel selected from the Council
- The award will be made known at a time and venue decided by the Council
The award may be made for any number of reasons, examples of which are listed below:
- Outstanding contribution to the work of the Institute
- Research in the field of Occupational Safety and Health
- Contribution in the Member’s workplace, e.g. improvement in accident prevention programmes.
- Other e.g. community service, education and development, mentoring etc.
The winner will receive the following:
- Cash prize
- Floating trophy and a certificate
- One year free Saiosh Membership
- Free attendance to the the Saiosh annual international OHS Conference